Tuesday, August 4, 2015

TV Show Time: F.R.I.E.N.D.S (1994 - 2004)







      Okay. Let’s talk about TV show. Specifically, MY favorite TV show, which is…….. F.R.I.E.N.D.S!! Yes, it is an old TV show. But who cares?? It will always be awesome, no matter what year it is. In case any of you didn’t know (you  better start watching, though), FRIENDS is an American sit-com (first aired 1994) about 6 best friends who hang out together most of the time either in a coffee shop called Central Perk or Monica’s apartment. The premise of the TV show is actually nothing special; it’s just a bunch of people hanging out together. Then each of them had to go through some hard times, like mid-life crisis, bad and failed relationships (lots of it), having to do a job you hate, and more – which I guess is the reason why this show is very interesting; because it’s very realistic.

      There’s Monica Geller (Courteney Cox) – a perfectionist woman who also very competitive. Then there’s Rachel Green (Jennifer Aniston) – Monica’s childhood friend who runaway on her wedding day and became Monica’s roommate. There’s Phoebe Buffay (Lisa Kudrow) – a musician, who sometimes can be very strange, with thousands of weird stories and experience in the past (and also love cats!). Ross Geller (David Schwimmer), which is Monica’s brother, is a paleontologist who just got divorced. Chandler Bing (Matthew Perry) is a businessman with a lot of sarcastic jokes and comments. At last, Joey Tribbiani (Matt LeBlanc), a very simple-minded womanizer who works as a (struggling) actor. 

      There’s a lot of famous quotes and one-liners on the show. For example, Joey’s “how you doin” or “Joey doesn’t share food!” (I can relate to this on so many levels). Phoebe’s song “Smelly Cat”. Janice’s “Oh… My… Gawd!”. Don't forget about Rachel Green's famous haircut! Then there’s the famous purple door and the sofa in Central Perk. That famous soundtrack in the beginning of the show that makes you clap everytime you hear it (watch it here). I could rambling on and on about this. What I’m saying is there are a lot of wonderful and funny unforgettable moments in this tv show. My eyes were totally welled up in tears when I watched the finale. 

      I gotta say, I unfortunately didn’t grow up with this show. It was so popular in the 90s though! I watched it on tv for the first time when I was around 14 and I heard a lot about it on tumblr. I love it ever since. My best decision that day. Anyway, I’ve learned a lot of things from this tv show and I am so so glad I found it. If you guys know and love How I Met Your Mother, it’s very similar to it, but with better ending obviously. So I recommend to anyone who haven’t watched it , GO WATCH IT!!! 


"Welcome to the real world. It sucks. You're gonna love it"

No comments:

Post a Comment